Friday, January 07, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday - January 7th, 2011


This is my first time to do a 7 Quick Takes Friday. I wonder if I'll keep it up?

1. I am beginning Semester one of FTCM next Tuesday. I am extremely excited. In Semester One we cover ministry, Old Testament and New Testament. I'm looking forward to learning so much more about my faith.

2. Contrary to the official pronouncement, I am going to pick up another adjunct course this semester. This time it will be one night a week. DH is happy because it will pay for my fiber habit. LOL. Actually, I was thinking that this summer I've got swim lessons for both boys and a reading workshop for Red to pay for and this will more than cover it.

3. Finally ordered the fabric for a table runner I've been wanting to do since last summer. N.B.: order the darn kit next time. Have another winter wallhanging I'm working on and hope to finish it up this weekend.

4. Extremely gorgeous weather here today-crisp, cool, sunny. Must take time to enjoy it instead of sitting in my office fretting.

5. Went to a Catechist inservice on Wednesday evening. One of the nice things about belonging to a huge parish is that you always get to meet someone new. I met this lady, Donna, who is just so sweet. Plus they gave us a wonderful soup and salad dinner followed by a very insightful scripture study. Why, oh why, did I wait so long to get involved in Catechesis? I should have done this twenty years ago.

6. Sadly, Epiphany is over and it's time for the Christmas decorations to come down. Advent was so wonderful this year-I felt like we really were preparing for the Lord's coming and Christmas was equally great. I loved having so much time with DH and the kids.

7. On tap for the weekend: Coffee with Dad and Mass. I love these kinds of weekends.

1 comment:

geomama1 said...

I just read in your profile that you like Patrick McManus. I haven't read him in years but he was one of my favorites as a kid. My dad would read his stuff to us- "A Fine and Pleasant Misery," "They Shoot Canoes, Don't They"...

A cute little top

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer