Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter River


Not my normal palette, is it? There's a lot of reasons I'm working on it but still too hard to write about.
I'm thinking of quilting this with "be still and know that I am God."
Still trying to decide if I will add the outer border. BTW, this was another "free" pattern from the fabric manufacturer. The fir trees in this pic and the one on the pattern all show the trees in their usual vertical orientation. However, if you follow the pattern directions, those trees point in all different directions. I was seriously irritated as I had cut out all my fabric and did not discover this until I began to sew the pieces together. It really bugs me when free patterns do this. I believe the designers are working from proofsheets and are not actually test sewing the patterns before release. Andover does this as well. Most infuriating.
I do, however, love the panel. I can just hear the water trickling beneath the ice and snow.

No comments:

A cute little top

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer