Friday, January 06, 2017
Thursday, January 05, 2017
So I was totally stuck on my Camp Peanuts quilt for Tig. As I lay awake with insomnia the other night the first step occurred to me: Take the Darn Borders Off!
This is how it looked with the borders on. I mistakenly put these on thinking I was further along than I was. (Wishful thinking!)
So I took the borders off. Kind of a fresh start like. Not bad. If this was for a baby or toddler I'd probably stop here.
I had made several blocks, meaning to use them before adding the borders. Should I add them to the top or the sides? My friend Susie recommended that I use them on the side and add the previously removed borders to the top and bottom. That might just work. I'll lay it out tonight. I'll probably remove the red sashing between the existing blocks. In any case, more blocks must be made!
Wednesday, January 04, 2017
I can't believe I forgot to include this project. I really wanted to make it for my sister, and after a comedy of errors (on my part) and delayed shipping (usps grrr), she finally got it! It was hard to get good photos as I was taking them indoors-and in a hurry! This is embroidery on perforated paper. I'd really like to make one for me.
Sunday, January 01, 2017
I haven't been sewing at all since August. Things have gotten pretty crazy on the homefront. But I plan to remedy that in the new year! So here are my goals for 2017:
- Cool Yule-Need to remake a couple blocks and then sash.
- Camp Peanuts-for my youngest son. I cut and put border fabric on it before I was ready for it. Doggone it!
- If I finish the above two quilts I am buying an Encyclopedia Galactica kit and making it!
- I'd love to make the Paper Shredder quilt.
- I'd also like to make one of my quilt kits that I have. (I have several!)
- finish Girly Girl Socks
- orange Classy Slip-Up socks
- possibly knit Peaks N Valleys socks (knit socks! book)
- Old Man of Storr shawlette (in S'mores yarn)
- Anniversary socks for DH
It's a top! My goal for my two week vacation was to get this to a top and here it is!
I am working on a new wall hanging. This one is using Steampunk Halloween. I wanted to use the yellow tossed print as a square on point and...
This was a doozy! Up to eleven!
With these blocks I've finished the pieced blocks in the center star. Tonight I'm hoping to start the Argyle blocks for the outsi...