Monday, April 01, 2019
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
The picture is a horrible, poor light at night, cell phone picture. The quilt is actually really cute and the colors are much brighter and more saturated. I'll try to replace it when I get a better shot.
Sunday, February 03, 2019
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
So this year I decided to make a new quilt. I had seen a glimpse of a red, green and gold quilt that looked Christmas-y but not overtly so. I think I saw it in an add for a Kim Diehl book. It's all made of HSTs so I figured I could easily make one-plus I could mostly use fabric I already had. So here you can see my HSTs laid out on my bed. Last night I sewed the middle of the quilt together. Looks good!
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Made the last Thirties block for my 2018 Ramona baskets. I'm nearly out of my favorite Kona Snow so I will have to wait to finish until I can order some. I looked at the setting Ramona provided for the Civil War fabrics and will at least do the setting triangles and border. Isn't this a sweet block? I just love Thirties.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Saturday, January 05, 2019
I thought I'd make a list of things I did make in 2018 so I could feel good about myself!
- Eagle Quilt for my nephew. It was very hard and my aunt says it's the best quilt I've ever made.
- I did a full tushe adjustment on a pattern and made two pairs of better fitting pjs for Tig.
- finished my Patriotic Pineapples quilt
- made DH's anniversary socks
- made my Bandolier shawl
- made a bunch of blocks-including finishing all of the blocks for my PA Dutch quilt that was started a very long time ago!
- made a pair of cabled fingerless gloves
- made a wavelength shawl
- knit the socks i'm wearing right now-I didn't list those on Ravelry and I need to.
- I made my star wars halloween quilt-which is weird because I don't really celebrate halloween.
- found out i'm anemic!
I can't believe Christmas break is over and I'm headed to work again on Monday! After reading about Jo's completed BOM, I decided to start my list anew.
- PA Dutch-needs sashing and borders
- Chocolatier-needs blocks
- Cool Yule-needs sashing and borders
- Ramona's baskets (civil war): one block left then assemble and make the borders
- Ramona's baskets (30's): need to make three blocks, then assemble and add borders
- Shelby's graduation quilt/goose chase-this one is the one that has really slowed me down
One the plus side, in December I found out that I am anemic and that's why I'm exhausted all of the time. I started taking iron so I am hopeful that will help with my energy level and I'll be able to sew when I get home in the evenings. Plus the new Saturday Ramona started today!
The fabrics are batiks which I normally don't care for. In fact, I was going to use civil war repros but I really like how this one looks, so I bought the batik block.
I need to make of list of things I completed this year. That will make me feel better!
It's a top! My goal for my two week vacation was to get this to a top and here it is!
I am working on a new wall hanging. This one is using Steampunk Halloween. I wanted to use the yellow tossed print as a square on point and...
This was a doozy! Up to eleven!
With these blocks I've finished the pieced blocks in the center star. Tonight I'm hoping to start the Argyle blocks for the outsi...