Thursday, April 14, 2016

Time out quilt


Last night, in a Sudafed/Benadryl haze, I finished the quilt I had put in timeout. I had a lot of trouble making the sashing line up properly-in fact I decided not to add the additional strip of the grey geo print the pattern calls for-why make myself completely crazy?  I made a ton of binding and then collapsed in bed.  This morning I ran by Joann's to get batting and my goal tonight is to make the backing, cut it and the batting to size and pack it up for mailing to the quilter.  Then I am free to sew anything I want!!!  I am hoping to make pajamas for the boyos this weekend.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Second quilt




 





I am hoping to make a second one using the same fabrics.  I actually bought two kits because they were such a great deal-and then my DH convinced me to buy another one!  Both of these quilts will go to the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts for their auctions.  I hope they go for a lot!
This is the back for this quilt.  I've been buying three yards for backing but I think I need to go up to four yards. Fortunately, I have a ton of scraps from camping themed quilts.

Friday, April 01, 2016

fabric report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 8.5 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 14 yards

Fabric Added Year to Date: 23.25 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: -46.34 yards used

So the fabric for the quilt kits came in this week and there was another trip to JoAnns and to the LQS in Trinity added in there.
The auction quilts will look similar this.  I'm not going to follow the included pattern exactly.

Finally!

 It's a top!  My goal for my two week vacation was to get this to a top and here it is!