Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Big star


This is a project I started in November (I think).  I made a Sparkle Plenty quilt several years ago to hang on the wall behind my Christmas tree (the empty wall looked too desolate!).  Well, last year I washed that quilt with a yard of PFD fabric. Guess what happened?  All of the green fabric bled and permanently stained the muslin.  I tried for weeks to get it out but the quilt was ruined.












So this year I decided to make a new quilt.  I had seen a glimpse of a red, green and gold quilt that looked Christmas-y but not overtly so.  I think I saw it in an add for a Kim Diehl book.  It's all made of HSTs so I figured I could easily make one-plus I could mostly use fabric I already had.  So here you can see my HSTs laid out on my bed.  Last night I sewed the middle of the quilt together.  Looks good!

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.