Friday, January 26, 2018

Keeping on. . .


These are the four blocks for the corners of the Chocolatier quilt.  I had trouble getting the tip of the flying geese to line up properly with the four patch HSTs.  I ended up pressing the seams open on the four patch and stitching about seven stitches over the intersections of the seams and then checking to see if they lined up properly.  I had to do it over and over to get it right but it was worth it.  I think they look pretty good.
This is the first block from Month #3.  The kit included only strips of fabric so I didn't think I could use my Fit to Be Geese rulers. So I tried to make a flying goose (?) using the instructions in the pattern.  Nope.  Not even close.  So I finagled the fabric to use my FTBG ruler and made my flying geese properly.  I don't like how the intersection of the block is a little off-about an eighth off.  So I ripped the seam out and will redo it tonight or this weekend.  I had hoped to sew it last night (just one seam!) but we had a pack meeting and Red had a math worksheet he was struggling with.

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.