Sunday, December 27, 2020

Special bag, special girl


A few years ago I made a pair of pjs for my niece. She loves foxes and, of course, I saved the scraps from the fabric.  My mom suggested I make her a totebag for Christmas so here it is!  The turquoise is from Magpie's graduation quilt (still not finished) and I found the pompom trim at JoAnn.  Note: use the zipper foot to stitch on the pompom trim.  It worked really well. The star on the front is a pocket and there is another pocket on the inside.  My sister in law was surprised that I kept the leftover fabric from the pjs.  I also do because I like to try to make more things for the person if they like the fabric.  My niece was extremely happy and said it was her favorite Christmas gift.  That really made me happy!


And this pink rose tote is my new trolley for my Featherweight!  My last trolley had a broken handle.  It is now used for storing batting scraps!  This one is really an upgrade.  It's got more pockets and the wheels are inline wheels which are so much easier to steer.  It was on sale at JoAnn *and* I had a coupon *and* my mom gave me money for Christmas so I was about ten bucks out of pocket! 

 

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.