This afternoon DH called me from an estate sale-he found two vintage sewing machines. One was a Singer 15-91 and the other was a treadle. I was really interested in the treadle but it was seriously rusty. This one caught my eye though-look that that lovely art deco style! The veneer is in terrible shape-they obviously used it as a plant stand and didn't protect the wood-even the back of the desk is messed up. DH, however, thinks he can fix it up. The little drawer on the left hand side actually has a pen tray and the original glass inkwell! How could I not love this? The stool is original as well and opens up for storage. The serial number indicates it's from 1949.
This one isn't mine-I just grabbed it off someone's blog but see how beautiful it could be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I didn't think I liked this Schnibble. But after seeing so many Docs around blogland it grew on me. I thought it was too complicate...
-
Finished the hat and got it in the mail! I hope he likes it and I hope it fits his giant melon. I kind of over worked my hands so I'm t...
-
So I was discussing gifts for my BIL with my sister and she asked if I could knit him another hat. I knit him a hat? When? Oh about 20-25 ...


1 comment:
Beautiful! DH is going to turn it into something amazing!
Post a Comment