Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Coastal Christmas


I absolutely fell in love with this heron.  I have a particular affection for these long-legged birds and when I saw this fabric line I knew I had to get it.  I did have some difficulty with the mitered corners and tried various youtube videos to get it right!  I found  one video that showed a slightly different technique that finally worked for me.  I made the second panel slightly differently (gosh, those miters require so much extra fabric!).  And the small table topper is from the leftovers.  I actually have enough fabric cut to make another table topper!


 I emailed Karen the Quilter to see if she had time to quilt for me and she responded immediately.  I went straight home and fixed up the backing and batting-and mailed it off the next morning!

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.