Wednesday, January 17, 2018

an icy day off. . .

So the boyos' schools were closed and mine was too-so we had an unexpected day off.  I kept on sewing blocks. I started with the one from yesterday. I made the mistake of leaving too many pieces on my cutting table and had a few bad moments when my math looked off.  Then I realized that I had the wrong pieces in my hands and shoved them into the bag of extra fabric.  Happily I finished the block.  And took a photo to send my sister.  Hmmmmmm.


Something looked off.  I never noticed it!
So a quick correction was in order. ;-)

Then I moved to the next block.  I had fun trying the pieces in different ways.  Any of these three would make a great block.




And this one is called Crossroads.  I actually reversed the red and blue colors when I first made it-and it spiraled the wrong way. So I cut it out again and made it properly.  

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.