Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Saturday, January 05, 2019
I thought I'd make a list of things I did make in 2018 so I could feel good about myself!
- Eagle Quilt for my nephew. It was very hard and my aunt says it's the best quilt I've ever made.
- I did a full tushe adjustment on a pattern and made two pairs of better fitting pjs for Tig.
- finished my Patriotic Pineapples quilt
- made DH's anniversary socks
- made my Bandolier shawl
- made a bunch of blocks-including finishing all of the blocks for my PA Dutch quilt that was started a very long time ago!
- made a pair of cabled fingerless gloves
- made a wavelength shawl
- knit the socks i'm wearing right now-I didn't list those on Ravelry and I need to.
- I made my star wars halloween quilt-which is weird because I don't really celebrate halloween.
- found out i'm anemic!
I can't believe Christmas break is over and I'm headed to work again on Monday! After reading about Jo's completed BOM, I decided to start my list anew.
- PA Dutch-needs sashing and borders
- Chocolatier-needs blocks
- Cool Yule-needs sashing and borders
- Ramona's baskets (civil war): one block left then assemble and make the borders
- Ramona's baskets (30's): need to make three blocks, then assemble and add borders
- Shelby's graduation quilt/goose chase-this one is the one that has really slowed me down
One the plus side, in December I found out that I am anemic and that's why I'm exhausted all of the time. I started taking iron so I am hopeful that will help with my energy level and I'll be able to sew when I get home in the evenings. Plus the new Saturday Ramona started today!
The fabrics are batiks which I normally don't care for. In fact, I was going to use civil war repros but I really like how this one looks, so I bought the batik block.
I need to make of list of things I completed this year. That will make me feel better!
Monday, October 22, 2018
Monday, October 01, 2018
And I have made a good start on my scarecrow quilt. I actually fused everything down Saturday afternoon and took it to embroider on at my mom's for movie night. This picture was taken before I started stitching. After I get a little farther I'm post a better pic.
Monday, September 17, 2018
I can't remember when I started this but I love the fabrics. The pattern is the Springtime Showers Mini quilt from Polka Dot Chair. I've had the focus fabric forever-like ten years and never found the right project for it. I'd like to make one for my sister as well using this fabric:
I love it so much!!!! I kinda want to make something with it for me too!!!!
Loving my 30's blocks. I have one more to do and then I'm finished the basket blocks. And here's the Civil War repro one:...
This is my second 30's basket block. I made this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I've need to remember to be careful how I cut ...
This photo is a little washed out but here's block number ten. I haven't made the 30's block yet. Two blocks yet to go!
I just love me some Thirties! This brown print with the little girl ironing is one of my very favorite fabrics ever! Each month I make ...