I'm going to try keeping track of my fabric purchases this year. I've been spending all my time knitting instead of sewing but I am planning to use some of the fabric I just bought to make a blankie for my niece's birthday on Sunday. That will take 2.5 yards. I also need to get cracking on the quilt I'm planning to donate to the Cub Scout auction.
I have been home sick with the "Carolina crud" since my last post. For the first two days I felt so terrible I didn't do anything but lay in bed and cough and blow my nose. On the afternoon of the third day I started feeling a little more human so I started working on the Multidirectional Scarf reknit. I just finished today and still need to weave in the ends. The black/grey/maroon scarf is one I knit for DH several years ago. It was wider and shorter than my green one but I wore it instead of the green. Now I can finally enjoy my green one.
As you can see, I nearly ran out of yarn! I was really worried that I had made it too wide and was going to have to rip it all out and reknit it again. I even starting weighing the yarn to see how much it took to finish one of the triangles.
This used to be a Multidirectional Scarf-at least it was until yesterday. I knit it too narrow-about 4.5 inches and almost never wore it-and it was too long like spaghetti. Instead I wear the one I knit for DH. So yesterday I took it to the beach with me to unravel during our Pooh and Piglet Picnic. It was a little tough to unravel as Noro Kureyon is very grabby-it broke a lot too. But I think if I knit it about 8 or 9 inches wide I will get a lot more use out of it.
I've been feeling very knitty lately. I ran out of yarn of the feather and fan socks so need to find something to finish the toes. And I need to reknit the toes on DH's latest blue socks. And I'd really like to knit two pixie caps for babies that I know. My brother and his wife are welcoming daughter #3 today and she needs a cap from Auntie!
Well, I accomplished two of my goals from 2014. I finished my Pilgrims and replaced my horrible carpet! And there was much rejoicing! I would have preferred to replace the carpet with laminate or tile but DH really wanted carpet. We have two boyos and two dogs so I think a hard surface would be better but I'll go along with it this time.
DH, the boyos, and I have spent the last three days going through our excess of stuff. We made a good start in the attic with plans to finish next Saturday. Today we did half of the boyos room. The other half is all stuff that belongs to DH. He has promised to go through all of it so that we can turn the boyos room back into the boyos room and not DH's storage area. DH has also promised to clear off the back patio so that we can actually use the space and not have to look at his piles of junk.
I go back to work on Monday after two weeks off so my goals for tomorrow are to do my laundry and reorganize my sewing area. I really enjoy being at home-I honestly wish I did not have to work. I'd love to be a stay at home mom. Instead I go to work and DH is a stay at home dad.
Anyway, my word for 2015 is Organization. Our house is a disaster area and I just cannot stand it anymore. I explained to DH that when the house is a mess, like it has been for a long while, I cannot relax. And when I cannot relax I get more and more tightly wound which is unpleasant for everyone. We're coming up on our ten year anniversary so I'd like to start our next decade together with a comfortable house.
My goals for 2015:
replace the horrible sofa
get healthy-eat better and walk daily
spend more time creating-there are lots of quilts to be made and I've got some wool projects that are calling my name
finish Woodsy association gloves for Tig. I need to duplicate stitch the animals on and that will take me a lot of time to do properly
I'd also like to manage my time better. I always feel rushed and stressed and I'd like to look at that and see if I need to commit to a Rule of Life. I think that would help.
I found this great flannel on a trip up to Austin. I plan to surprise the boyos with chess pjs. They are completely obsessed with chess right now.
My pilgrim quilt is with the quilter. I told her to do anything she wanted with them. I'm looking forward to seeing them when she is finished!
I started this sock after deciding I despised the one I worked on during in-service. I cast on during a conference meeting and decided I would at last do a feather and fan pattern. I had to keep ripping it out and redoing it as I was trying to make a 72 stitch pattern fit on 64 sts. I ripped it back to the ribbing one final time and knit a plain row and increased the 8sts. Then the knitting was fine. Except for the broken needles. I lost count but I think I broke four Britanny's and assorted bamboo needles. Ah well. I dug out these old Pony's when I got home. The tips are really blunt so it's difficult to do the K2tog but at least these won't break. I hope. The yarn is much louder in person. ;-D