Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Making Bracelets

So I am working on the "Bracelets" border for the Chocolatier quilt.  This is a series of  6 1/2" blocks to form the border pieces.  I had already made all of the flying geese (ages ago!) so now I'm working on the wee square in a square blocks.  They are 2.5 inches square.  So far I have learned that I need to remember to move my needle over (I forgot last night) and to PIN and stitch slowly. I will need to make 15 more of these coral blocks and then 16 with the dark teal.  Lots to do!
One nice thing about making these 6 1/2" blocks is that it is good practice for the Saturday Sampler this year at my LQS.  We will be making four 6 1/2" blocks a month this year for the new sampler.


 

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.