Monday, March 29, 2010

Shop Hop is over.


Friday I took an early lunch between meetings and scurried down to Painted Pony N Quilts. They had some great 30's mini quilts on display-you could vote for your favorite. I also bought two chances on the raffle quilt. I bought some forked pins here and more FQs: some 30's and some Civil War repros. I also won a drawing while there-two patterns for an airplane quilt.

After work I went down to Pinwheels and Posies. I bought some FQs here.

Then off to Cactus Quilts. I bought a book for my sister, Ladies Day out with the Bonnet Girls, that she liked when we visited earlier. More FQs here too.

When I got home my quilts had arrived from the quilters! I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Saturday DH let me sleep in-big mistake as the boyos had a 9:30 appt for pictures! My mom was not happy with me for missing. After coffee we went to Fabric Etc, I won two fat quarters! And I showed off the Duck Duck Goose quilt as I had bought the fabric there. Then we took the boyos for haircuts-the first one for Tig!

In the afternoon DH, Tig and I took the long drive out to Calico Cats. It took about an hour and a half to get there. Very nice folks and Lake Jackson is pretty cute. I bought a FQ of some valentine fabric to make a matching pillow for my valentine quilt and a red, white and blue panel. Then we had lunch at the Wurst Haus-very good German food. That was the end of my shop-hopping.

But wait! When I got home I got a call on my cell phone- I won a $25 gift certificate to Quilter's Cottage!




1 comment:

jacquie said...

hey there,
you asked a couple of cutting questions on sew mama sew. i thought i'd try to answer them. in the tutorial i was cutting width of fabric strips. i do cut through the fold to square the fabric. i always check that first strip to make sure it's nice and straight...hope this helps. if not, just drop me an email!

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.