Saturday, October 30, 2021

All the best people are!

I have finally finished my We're All Mad Here cross-stitch.  I bought this pattern on Etsy.  I love the wide-eyed crazy of this cat.  I found it difficult to stitch on the black aida of course.  I have poor vision anyway but this was a real challenge.  I usually stitch in hand but this required me to use a hoop.  I kept a white flour sack towel on my lap while I stitched but found that I really needed to have natural light. I had to look through the stitches to be able to stitch properly.  If you look closely at the smile below you can see how the black stitches really make the smile standout versus just leaving the background fabric.   I admit, I was tempted to just leave it and be finished! 




 

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.