More Advent-y Adventures
This weekend we were really busy. Aside from the excitment of the lights we:
- had photos of the four Littles in the family. Three were very cute and cooperative. One was not (Tig!).
- Had coffee with Jampa and a quick run to Michaels for an angel stamp.
- Picked Magpie up at rehearsal and took her along to a work Christmas party.
- went to JoAnn's with Magpie to buy fabric for superhero capes for the boyos but forgot to get grommets from the planned jack bags.
- put up the Christmas tree and yard decorations at MaaMaa and Jampa's.
- made two trips to the local mega-mart.
- watched the evening Christmas parade.
- went to Red's Christmas pageant at church (complete madhouse!)
- put up our Christmas tree and decorations (I had completely underestimated the THRILL of putting up a tree when you are 3 and 5 years old.)
- lit the second candle on our Advent wreath!
- dressed the boys in their jammy's after dinner last night and went driving around to look at Christmas lights.
- had a visit from St. Nicholas and Black Peter this morning. Red and Tig discovered little Christmas bags with a robot ornament and a chocolate Santa in their shoes this morning.
I felt a little frenetic Saturday due to all the errands/driving around (and around and around) and then yesterday the excitement level was super high beginning at 6:30 am when Tig woke me. I took both excited boyos to Mass and Tig was awful! We had to move out of the church proper before the Eucharist even started and Tig continued to misbehave. I finally gave up and we left to go home for a quick lunch and nap. Tig obviously needed a nap as he did not demure at all and climbed into bed and laid himself down without any discussion. Maybe he was too tired/wound up to behave at Mass? Red did well at the Christmas pageant and my kinders jingled their jingle bells with gusto! I must admit, I was on my last nerve by the time we got home. *I* was overloaded by that point and I still had all the laundry to finish!
Still, I am so happy that we've kept up with our Advent celebrations. The boyos are having a good time and DH and I are still speaking to each other!