Monday, April 20, 2009

And then I got my serger out. . .

Red's birthday is coming up and he is seriously into firetrucks right now so I wanted to make him a pillowcase. I decided to use my serger, just to try it out, on a pillowcase.

So I made three. ;-)

The alphabet one and number one will be for when we get the loft beds for the boyos. I will give Red the firetruck one on his birthday. I should have cut the fabric so that the trucks ran across the pillowcase but I was trying to do this quickly. I edged this one in some read minkee I bought at JoAnns. It's not the softest minkee but it will do.

The serger made it a very quick construction. I used Mary Quilts' pillowcase instructions again from http://maryquilts.com/pillowcase . Love that pattern!

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.