Saturday, July 08, 2023

Show and Tell

I showed these for Show and Tell at the Saturday Sampler group.  This first quilt is the 2023 Greater Houston Shop Hop blocks.  I added the stars in the sashing.  This fabric was so soft and silky! 

This quilt is a bigtime squirrel.  My Quilty BFF gave me a baggie of squares and the pattern from her late MIL's stash.  I thought this would be a great leaders 'n enders project but it ended up taking over my sewing area and my brain.  I had to add more squares-I used leftover jelly roll strips-and even had to tea dye the white jelly rolls to knock back the brightness.  I'm really pleased with it.  Quilty BFF told me it would look nice as a tabletopper in my office and go with the Patriotic Pineapples quilt I have hanging there.  And then we laughed and laughed because who knows when I will ever get it quilted!

 

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.