Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Still piecing


So I am still working on this Picture Piecing from Cynthia England.  It is taking FOREVER.  I was getting discouraged last evening but I realized I was doing the very complicated bit of fence shown in the middle of the picture.  I think after I finish all of the fence bits it will go faster.  I've re-watched Cynthia's youtube videos many times to pick up tips.  Honestly, I am usually very fast when I am piecing regular quilt blocks.  To have to go slow and rip out constantly (I keep sewing over the paper) is a new thing for me!

I've finished sections A thru F and tonight I'm doing Section G which I think is the last bit of fence.  I do think I'm getting better at the piecing which is a relief!  One thing for sure, this is a humbling experience!

 

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.