Sunday, December 24, 2017

Been a while. . .

I haven't posted since March?  Good grief!  Friday Tig and I dropped the guys off at Fry's and we ran over to Park Avenue Yarns.  They had these little Matchbox kits from Moda and Tig loved the bright yellow.  

I started working on it last night-it's super easy. But it turns out that Tig wanted to try to make it himself.  Ooops. Anyway, I started the quilting part and have marked out a line for him to follow.









This is the first of a pair of fingerless mitts I'm working on.  Now that I've finished one and started on the other I feel like this isn't showing off the best of this tweedy yarn.  I can't decided if I'm going to tear it out and knit it in stripes or what.

Well, today is Christmas eve!  Advent has just whoooshed by-I really need FOUR full weeks of Advent to get ready.  We haven't even used our wreath or candles and I didn't keep up with my Advent devotions.  Life is very full-I had a business trip, and the house was a disaster area and the kids are in school again this year.  It's crazy.  Still, my heart is full and I'm grateful.

No comments:

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.