Art deco love

 This afternoon DH called me from an estate sale-he found two vintage sewing machines.  One was a Singer 15-91 and the other was a treadle.  I was really interested in the treadle but it was seriously rusty.  This one caught my eye though-look that that lovely art deco style!  The veneer is in terrible shape-they obviously used it as a plant stand and didn't protect the wood-even the back of the desk is messed up.  DH, however, thinks he can fix it up.  The little drawer on the left hand side actually has a pen tray and the original glass inkwell!  How could I not love this?  The stool is original as well and opens up for storage.  The serial number indicates it's from 1949.
This one isn't mine-I just grabbed it off someone's blog but see how  beautiful it could be?

Comments

Joy said…
Beautiful! DH is going to turn it into something amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

She may have been onto something. . .

It's a TOP