Thursday, December 13, 2012

One gift finished

Here is my gift for my Aunt Cindy.  I started this over Thanksgiving, stitching it at the lake on our camping trip.  It was just the perfect project to do, all by hand, chatting with The Poppas.   This pattern is from Cath's Pennies Designs, The Melt.  Candle from Bath & Body works-peppermint!










 I had to practise my stem stitch for the sticks-my first efforts were horrible.
And I ended up changing from floss to perle cotton for the snowflakes.  I love these little cardinals but I think my favorite things are the carrot noses!

1 comment:

Houseelf said...

That is so sweet! I think your aunt will treasure it. Is this for your 2nd Craft Olympic thimble? If so let me know and I will add it to my sidebar.

March Block

This is the Saturday Sampler block for March.