duck, duck, duck. . .
I started working on this quilt for T during my vacation at my sister's. I've had a heck of a time with this quilt. I ruined my blade on her cutting mat and even cut most of the original blocks too large because I didn't notice the difference in markings on her ruler. Then when I got home I couldn't get the 45-degree angles right on the corners and the darn squares were smaller than the expected seven inches.
I kept ripping and re-sewing until I was afraid the fabric would fall apart. I found a great tutorial on how to make the correct angles at the corners so I've been using than method successfully. However, my blocks were still under seven inches.
My needle is out of alignment! And my quarter inch foot is no longer making a quarter inch seam! The needle is actually rubbing up against the side of the foot. I need to finish making all the squares so that they match. Hopefully I won't ruin my machine by doing so. I've got eight squares left to make.