The socks that didn't want to be knit.

I started these socks last summer using the Yarn Harlot's Earl Grey pattern.  You couldn't really see the pattern so I ripped it out, and ripped it out again, and ripped it out again.  DH suggested this pattern so that's what I went with.
 
I swear these socks did not want to be knit.  I had to redo the heel on the first sock three times.  When I got to the heel on my second sock I held it up to my sister and announced that I was starting the heel flap.  Then I announced I was turning the heel.  Then I announced I was picking up the gussets.  I figured that was the only way to keep it in proper order.
 
I finished these socks the day we drove down to Germany and had lunch by the Mosel River.  I finished them right as we got there and was a little  panicked because I hadn't brought a backup project-I didn't want to be tempted you see.  Fortunately we found a souvenir shop that sold yarn!  I bought two balls of Regia and finished the first sock in just a few days.  Let's hear it for NBK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She may have been onto something. . .

It's a TOP

What to do what to do